This list didn't make the cut in this past weekend's sermon.
These are things that keep us from worshipping:
- An unprepared heart-we spend a hectic week rushing and doing more, and never take the time to worship God in our private lives.
- Distraction-too much going on and/or an unwillingness to trust God to take care of things.
- Lack of forgiveness-our lack of forgiveness of others stands in the way of really worshipping God.
- Wrong understanding of worship-we are looking for worship to be an emotion, a feeling, a particular style...worship is more than these things.
- Lack of expectation-we come not really expecting God to speak or show up.