4 years ago I left a my position as pastor at a church I planted in Missouri and moved back to Dayton with the goal of one day planting a church. I have been working at the Dayton Vineyard at various positions (pastoral assistant, hospitality coordinator, communications coordinator, office manager)...all to learn more. Now I get to move forward, expanding the influence of serving others in Jesus' name that is such a vital part of what we do here at the Vineyard.
When I finally accepted God's call to ministry at the age of 18, I immediately got involved in the ministry of my local church in Huber Heights. I remember walking out of the church, knowing there were good people in the church, but also recognizing that more could be done to reach the people of Huber Heights with God's love and message of salvation. I never imagined that one day God would lead me to the place where I could be the person who plants that church that reaches what I call the Crossroads Corridor.
I am in the planning and praying process. I don't have everything figured out yet (if I ever will!). But I know there is a lot more prayer and work ahead of me. I plan to use some of my posts here on this blog to chronicle the journey of this new church.
I need your help!
Here are several things:
- Pray: we will need money, people, resources, but especially God's presence and direction
- Pray for me and my family. There is a lot planning, preparation, and work to be done, but there will also be a lot of spiritual warfare.
- People: We need quality people to serve at outreach events, take part in the ministry of this new church, and help us get it launched.
- We will begin monthly meetings this fall. I am praying for 35 people for our first meeting.
- Help us get the word out that a new church is coming to Huber Heights! Word of mouth is the biggest way to build momentum.
Update: We are now meeting weekly for services check us out at www.daytoncrossroads.com.